Skip to main content

Be There or Be Square!

We're now home with all gradings completed. Lewis passed his grading with credit (whoo hoo!!) and is now the proud owner of a yellow belt......or will be on Wednesday 'cause they're going to present the belts in class so unfortunately, do not have a photo of him to share with you, but I do have this one of Sam...hee! hee!



Do you think he was pleased or what?!!!! God knows what happened to his trousers, although we did find out later that he forgot to put any pants on when he got dressed!!! Will get one of Lewis after his class this week, just so he's not left out!

Now on to the Papertake Weekly Challenge. I'm VERY late with this one and the challenge this week is:

"...This week's challenge is squares! Square cards, square patterns or square on your layouts......"

This is my first attempt at a spring card (or boing as I like to call them) and I put it together in between gradings, so it was a bit rushed!



I've used the Whipper Snapper stamp "Easter Ribbit" and coloured him with Prismas and Sansodor with some liquid applique added to his bunny ears to make them appear fluffy. Cardstock is Bazzill as are the flowers, papers are from Blonde Moments, sticky ribbon is Anitas and brads are from my stash. Just got to find an envelope for it to fit into!!!

Comments

Jose said…
Congratulations boys!! 2 new belts! love your photo Sam.. and looking forward to seeing Lewis with his certificate later in the week...
Super card Jo, love the colours.
Tarasdesigns said…
Sam's a cutie and the card is great

tara x
Andrea, said…
Fabulous card, great colours. Congratulations to your little boy
Frances said…
Aww well done Sam - his face is a picture, as for the no pants LOL :) Congratulations Lewis!

Boingy card's great too!
Gia Harvey said…
Great card Jo! Your son looks so pleased with himself!
Stempelchaotin said…
Wow what a lovely card. Really cute. Adorable.
Jackie said…
Well done boys!

I do like those spring cards but I can never get mine to boing!! I love the colours you've used.

I hope you have your hatches battened for all this crap weather which is coming our way. Take care. x
Denise ~ said…
Look at the joy on his face, that says it all! Congrats to the boys!

Love that Easter card Jo. That frog is awesome. So fun! Love the pop up fold too. :)
ElyBlair said…
Congrats to sam on the new belts and congrats to you on an awe inspiring card!
Richelle said…
Hi Jo...Love the card! You sound very busy...lol...congrats to the boys on their accomplishment!
Richelle SBS 13
fairymadjo said…
well done to the boys, love your card, i love spring cards. huggs jo x
Heather said…
This card is absolutely adorable!
steph said…
Great card! Love the image and the colours you've used! Congrats to you boys!
Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!x
Angie C said…
Congratulations to the boys :-)
What a gorgeous and very cute card ... boing LOL
Kim said…
Well done Boys, awwww you must be a real proud mummy.....

lovin the card too

Popular posts from this blog

Another AMD Wedding Card!

I had another request for one of these wedding cards and I must admit I love making anything Anna Marie Designs related.  So, it's the same layout as before but just different names.

Which Craft? Template

Recently made a few cards using the concertina template from Which Craft? which I've had for a while and thought it was about time I put it to use.  So, I have made a large concertina card...

...a smaller concertina card...



...and finally, a different type of card using the same template.



Christmas Scene Decoration

I saw this project designed by Anna Marie nearly a year ago and have been desperate to make it ever since and have just found the time.  It is a little time consuming as you have to wait for the different mediums to dry but I'm pleased with the end result (even if it did take me nearly an hour to work out how to make the gnome's hat!)
I added some craft lights which don't show so well in the beautiful sunshine we are having today but they do make the project look very special...such a nice finishing touch.