Skip to main content

Kimmie's Challenge #8

Kimmie has set a challenge on her blog for some candy which is:

"Your challenge this week.....should you choose to accept it....is to use animal stamps on your card!!! This should be a pretty easy one right?? Nothin' cuter than little animals to play with"


Kimmie used a cute possum stamp on her card so thought I would stick with the Australian theme and use this koala stamp from Whipper Snapper.! I coloured him using Brushables - notice the green!! I'm getting braver as this is the second time in two days I've used that colour lol. Paper, c.s., and ribbon is from Doodlebug and the word "birthday" was made with Sue Dreamer stickers and the "boy" sentiment stamped with My Sentiments Exactly. Brads were from Poppicrafts.

Had some good news this week.....they've written off our TV and told me to go into Comet in Weymouth and spend £1599!!! Well, I was off like a shot! and what's more, because plasma prices have dropped so much in the last three years, I got a super duper TV, DVD player (with seven free DVDs!), cables, insurance, delivery and fitting and was then told I HAD(!) to spend some more!! So I bought a new Hi-fi and some cartridges for my PC and I still have £90 left.......it was like heaven......pity they didn't sell craft stuff lol! Anyway TV is coming on Sunday and we're on countdown. I don't watch loads of TV but the old set which we have at the moment has got a terrible reception and we're all pretty fed up with it. It will be good to get Sky back and have the choice of channels. Then, to top it all, my new stamps from C.C. Designs arrived and the new Pink Cat Studio stamps dropped on the doormat this morning!! It's been a good week in all!

Comments

Kraftin' Kimmie said…
OH this is absolutely adorable, Jo! I love that little guy and the colours are FAB!! Love the patterned paper too! Great job with the challenge and thanks for joinin in the fun!!
Han said…
I love that stamp and you have coloured it soo well. Hanx
Denise ~ said…
Very sweet! Love that stamp and the colors. Too cute! :) Have a wonderful weekend.
Jackie said…
It's gorgeous, I love the colours. Glad the blog thingy worked :) Well done with the TV!
chelemom said…
What a cute card! Love all the layering, and your coloring is awesome too!
Leah said…
Hi! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I like your work too, that birthday card is the cutest!
Leah
Suzanne said…
well done Jo on winning Kimmie's blog candy. very well deserved your card is fabulous!! Sue :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Another AMD Wedding Card!

I had another request for one of these wedding cards and I must admit I love making anything Anna Marie Designs related.  So, it's the same layout as before but just different names.

Which Craft? Template

Recently made a few cards using the concertina template from Which Craft? which I've had for a while and thought it was about time I put it to use.  So, I have made a large concertina card...

...a smaller concertina card...



...and finally, a different type of card using the same template.



Christmas Scene Decoration

I saw this project designed by Anna Marie nearly a year ago and have been desperate to make it ever since and have just found the time.  It is a little time consuming as you have to wait for the different mediums to dry but I'm pleased with the end result (even if it did take me nearly an hour to work out how to make the gnome's hat!)
I added some craft lights which don't show so well in the beautiful sunshine we are having today but they do make the project look very special...such a nice finishing touch.