Skip to main content

Foiled!

The challenge on DCM this week is:

"....I would like you to utilise some plain old aluminium foil from your kitchen. You can scrunch it, die cut it, emboss it, ink it, coil it, cover chipboard - or anything else that you choose!....."

Took me a while to think up something for this one as I wanted the foil to be as subtle as possible! This is my contribution:


I started by covering the card with red Bazzill c.s. and then layered some DP from Bo Bunny. Then I added two strips of Bazzill c.s. in light blue and red to the bottom of the card, the red piece having been run through my Bigshot with the Cuttlebug circle flowers embossing folder. I stamped Tilda and her watering can and coloured with Brushables and added a little glitter dust to her wings. This was then layered onto kitchen foil and light blue Bazzill c.s. and mounted onto the card with foam pads. I then covered a slide (is that what you call them?) with more foil and ran it through my Big Shot using the Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder. Fixed a Pink Petticoat sentiment to the back of it. Finally, added some flowers from Poppicrafts and some blue brads from my craft box.

Comments

Kim said…
This card is fabulous I love the colourways, very rich yet subtle at the same time.....
Michelle said…
Great card, I love the layout and the colours. The embossing looks great on the silver :0)
Andrea, said…
fabulous card, great colours and I love the embossed foil
Stempelchaotin said…
Wow amazing. Wonderful colors. Great.
Kathy said…
Lovely card Jo - I'm really liking the embossed slide mount. Going to have to give that idea a whirl one day
tillymint said…
Gorgeous card Jo, I love the embossed slide mount, it looks so classy!
Glitter Monkey said…
Gosh this is stunning! Great use of the foil and of course I love Tilda! Lol x
Anne said…
Very sweet, love those colours and the embossed foil slide frame!
** Isa ** said…
Very nice card Jo...

Hugs xxx
All Pink girl said…
fabby colour combo ,love it ,Dawnx
Angelnorth said…
I think you achieved your aim - this looks great and the foil doesn't shout at you at all - great job!
EllePiggo said…
Love how you've used the foil. :)
A gorgeous card.

Vanessa.

Popular posts from this blog

Another AMD Wedding Card!

I had another request for one of these wedding cards and I must admit I love making anything Anna Marie Designs related.  So, it's the same layout as before but just different names.

Which Craft? Template

Recently made a few cards using the concertina template from Which Craft? which I've had for a while and thought it was about time I put it to use.  So, I have made a large concertina card...

...a smaller concertina card...



...and finally, a different type of card using the same template.



Christmas Scene Decoration

I saw this project designed by Anna Marie nearly a year ago and have been desperate to make it ever since and have just found the time.  It is a little time consuming as you have to wait for the different mediums to dry but I'm pleased with the end result (even if it did take me nearly an hour to work out how to make the gnome's hat!)
I added some craft lights which don't show so well in the beautiful sunshine we are having today but they do make the project look very special...such a nice finishing touch.