Skip to main content

Shop Til You Drop!!



The challenge on Papertake Weekly Challenge is:


"....Anything to do with shopping this week, what with the sales around the corner lol!! Handbags, shopping bags, dollar/pound signs etc etc!!....."


Had a rummage through my stamps and found this one. I have hardly used it and I know why now - it's so fiddly to colour in!! Anyway, decided to colour it in daylight because my eyes do not seem to focus at night now - old age creeping on!!


I used Pink Petticoat papers with some Doodlebug ribbon. The stamp is a Dolly Mamas from Stamps Happen which was coloured with Marvy pens and layered onto Bazzill red c.s. The sentiment is from a See D's collection and was also mounted onto red Bazzill c.s. with two small red brads. Two larger red brads were fixed to the top right-hand side of the card and the image and sentiment mounted with foam pads.


It really was nice to have a break from Christmas and make a card!! Had a nice Christmas but as usual ate too much and now all I want to do is tidy up the mountain of toys and get the blasted Christmas tree down!! Bah Humbug!! Hope you all had a lovely time.

Comments

Andrea, said…
Great card, thats a fab stamp
Jilli said…
What a beautiful card...fab one for my shoe-a-holic daughter lol
All Pink girl said…
Lovely card love the stamp and the papers ,Dawnx
steph said…
Great card - love the colours! Mmmm... know how you feel lol! Nearly broke my leg tripping over the piles of presents yesterday!!!! lol x
Terrie B x said…
What a beautiful card Jo,hope you had a great Christmas."Happy New Year":)x
leann said…
love this - fabby stamp!
Jose said…
Striking card Jo... just love the colours
Kim said…
Lovin this card Jo very striking....
Stampingcaz said…
my tree came down day after boxing day! always does! LOL
SmilynStef said…
Love the stripes with the polka dots ... very chic ... Happy New Year to you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Another AMD Wedding Card!

I had another request for one of these wedding cards and I must admit I love making anything Anna Marie Designs related.  So, it's the same layout as before but just different names.

Which Craft? Template

Recently made a few cards using the concertina template from Which Craft? which I've had for a while and thought it was about time I put it to use.  So, I have made a large concertina card...

...a smaller concertina card...



...and finally, a different type of card using the same template.



Christmas Scene Decoration

I saw this project designed by Anna Marie nearly a year ago and have been desperate to make it ever since and have just found the time.  It is a little time consuming as you have to wait for the different mediums to dry but I'm pleased with the end result (even if it did take me nearly an hour to work out how to make the gnome's hat!)
I added some craft lights which don't show so well in the beautiful sunshine we are having today but they do make the project look very special...such a nice finishing touch.