Skip to main content

Ribbon Galore!


I'm a bit late in the day posting this card but as usual, time has flown by with one thing or another and now it's nearly seven o'clock in the evening.....where does it go?

The challenge on Tilda & Co this week is Ribbon Galore.....

"....love to see lots of ribbon on your work. As many ribbons as you can get on your work as possible. You all have heard of the saying "less is more", well we want MORE MORE MORE!

This was a difficult one for me as I like to keep my cards very simple with just a few embellishments. However, thought the card I made would grow on me, but it doesn't seem to have!

I got this image from Lilian a couple of weeks back and have coloured her with Prismas and Sansodor with Glamour Dust added to her wings and the hearts, and also the hearts in the basket. Paper is from Blonde Moments and c.s. is Bazzill Bling with the panel run through the Cuttlebug with the Spots and Dots Embossing Folder. Now on to the ribbon!! The idea for this was taken from an Easter card I received from my buddy Denise, however, feel hers turned out alot better than mine....the top piece of ribbon has come out alot darker in the photo than it is IRL.....it actually matches Tilda's dress. The ribbon with the sentiment on it is from East of India.

Off to cook dinner for Lewis who is due home soon and hope to get some crafting in this evening, even if it's just some colouring.

Comments

fairymadjo said…
stunnning hun, love the tilda you have used, jo x
Very pretty card - gorgeous papers, love the colours.
Supermum said…
I think you've done a great job - love that Tilda design!!
Gia Harvey said…
Love that Tilda Jo!
Angie C said…
Gorgeous card Jo and love all the ribbons
Love ribbon - great card!!
Andrea, said…
Beautiful card, the colours are so pretty and great use of the ribbon
Debi said…
Such a stunning card!!! Love the color!!
Katharina said…
Wonderful Jo! Love the colours.
Thanks soooo much for your absolutely beautiful birthday card! I love it and it's so great that you send me one you did after one of my sketches.
Big Hugs
nessy said…
wow!! this has turned out stunning!!perfect!!!
did you get any crafting done last night???
thanks for the link!!
hugs vanessa xx
Kari said…
Beautiful card!! I love the colors and the ribbons are fantastic!! I am going to have to get some of those Tilda stamps!! They are just too cute!!
Denise~ said…
Beautiful Jo! Love the soft colors. The image fits so well for this challenge and you've colored her beautifully, as usual! :) Love all the ribbons, never can have too many ribbons! They look marvelous! Thanks for the blog link too. Great accents with the CB embossing too. Love it! :)
ink'n'rubba said…
gorgeous card and I love the ribbons tied down the edge.
Lesley said…
Gorgeous card, lovely colours xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Another AMD Wedding Card!

I had another request for one of these wedding cards and I must admit I love making anything Anna Marie Designs related.  So, it's the same layout as before but just different names.

Which Craft? Template

Recently made a few cards using the concertina template from Which Craft? which I've had for a while and thought it was about time I put it to use.  So, I have made a large concertina card...

...a smaller concertina card...



...and finally, a different type of card using the same template.



Christmas Scene Decoration

I saw this project designed by Anna Marie nearly a year ago and have been desperate to make it ever since and have just found the time.  It is a little time consuming as you have to wait for the different mediums to dry but I'm pleased with the end result (even if it did take me nearly an hour to work out how to make the gnome's hat!)
I added some craft lights which don't show so well in the beautiful sunshine we are having today but they do make the project look very special...such a nice finishing touch.