Skip to main content

Girly But Blue!

Good morning all! Can't believe it's Friday again.....where has the week gone?!!

The challenge on Tilda & Co this week is......

"You don't see many girl cards/projects in blue very often. They are normally pink! Well I would love you to make your projects this week in BLUE! Has to be suitable for a female......"

I recently got some new Magnolias and have been wanting to use this one as soon as it arrived and when blue was mentioned, thought of Christmas! So this card will also fit in with Fab's Big Christmas Challenge......another two challenges in one card....what is wrong with me!!!

The stamp is Chilly Tilda and I've coloured her with Prismas and Sansodor and plenty of Glamour Dust on her wings, coat and hat (you may have to click on the photo to see this better). Also used the Goblin Tree Stump which has been coloured in the same way and Glamour Dust added to what should be moss (saw this idea on one of the ATCs on Tilda & Friends challenge). Cut out both images and fixed Tilda on the tree stump with foam pads. Papers are by Brenda Walton and have been layered with Bazzill Bling and mirricard. Slots were punched with my SU punch and Dovecraft grosgrain ribbon added. The sentiment is from Doodlebug and the sticky gems are Papermania.

Don't think I will have time to craft today as I'm meeting up with a friend this morning for a coffee and a chat and it's Tae Kwon-do night this evening which is always hectic! Hope you have a good Friday and will be back tomorrow!

Comments

Sarah said…
Another fab card!! I really love this layout and the colours you've used!
xx :0)
Anita Knits said…
Great card, certainly reminds me of the snow a few weeks ago.
nessy said…
wow!! you are right ,two GREAT minds do think a like!!
stunning card jo!!
hope you enjoyed your coffee with your friend!!
speak soon , vanessa xx
Angie C said…
Beautiful card Jo, love the colours you've used
CraftyC said…
Your card is fantastic, love the colours you've chosen to colour with!
Clairexx
All Pink girl said…
Fabulous card love the colours and the image ,Dawnxxx
Fabrizio said…
Gorgeous Xmas Card ! I love it and thanks for playing my challenge. I've added your comment to the April post too ! Fab x
Gia Harvey said…
Absolutely fab card - great stamp!
Supermum said…
Love the card and the stamp is gorgeous - perfect colours too!
Sue. x
Jilli said…
This is absolutely gorgeous, you never cease to amaze me with your creations. That stamp is just too cute and the layout is fab (will be using that one at some point!) If you dont have anyone to send it to come Christmas remember me lol!
Suzanne said…
This is gorgeous I love this Tilda and the layout and papers are beautiful. Sue :o)
Kari said…
Gorgeous!! I love the blue!!!
My Little Space said…
Gorgeous card Jo, love the colour!

Mandy
Zoe said…
This is a lovely card, really effective and its making me feel cold!
Claudia said…
fun idea to put freezing tilda on the tree stump. i love it
Richelle said…
Very cute card Jo.
She said…
Love this card :-) xxxx
traciejane said…
gorgeous card, fab Tilda - shes adorable :-)x
Debsg said…
Love these colours. Great card. Deb x
ink'n'rubba said…
Cool Tilda! and it is a bit warm in the garden today! love all the sparkly bits and the pretty paper.
Denise~ said…
Love it, great card Jo! I'm glad it isn't winter anymore, but it's still fun to see winter cards. Love that Tilda image and the way you've colored her. Especially like the fluff on her coat and the moss on the tree stump. Neat idea! :) Great blues and printed papers too. :)
Tarasdesigns said…
great card, i would love to see your stamp collection it must be amazing!
SammieJay said…
This is completely charming. She is delightful sitting there watching the snow fall. Beautiful!
SammieJay
Michelle said…
Great card, I love the paper - gorgeous colour and pattern. Love the layout you have used and what a cute Tilda x
Ella Bella said…
gorgeous card love the layout and tilda is very sweet :)
Maureen said…
SO pretty! Love all the sparkle and the little pearls!
Julie said…
I love this, that paper is perfect, makes me feel sorry for her in all that cold.
Hi from Sweden, the home of Tilda.
Lovely card =0)

/Maria

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Scene Decoration

I saw this project designed by Anna Marie nearly a year ago and have been desperate to make it ever since and have just found the time.  It is a little time consuming as you have to wait for the different mediums to dry but I'm pleased with the end result (even if it did take me nearly an hour to work out how to make the gnome's hat!)
I added some craft lights which don't show so well in the beautiful sunshine we are having today but they do make the project look very special...such a nice finishing touch.







Another AMD Wedding Card!

I had another request for one of these wedding cards and I must admit I love making anything Anna Marie Designs related.  So, it's the same layout as before but just different names.

Which Craft? Template

Recently made a few cards using the concertina template from Which Craft? which I've had for a while and thought it was about time I put it to use.  So, I have made a large concertina card...

...a smaller concertina card...



...and finally, a different type of card using the same template.