Skip to main content

All About Me!

As promised, I'm back with my DT work for Stamp Something. This week the challenge has been set by Alex and wow, did she test me!! The challenge is to make a scrapbook page of 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12 but nothing smaller and the theme is "All About Me". However, that's not all of it!! It must include the following:-

(1) three buttons
(2) four brads
(3) two different ribbons
(4) some sort of lettering for the title (chipboard, paint, stickers, stamps, etc)
(5) at least two stamped items
(6) five facts about yourself.

There are a couple of reasons why I found this a real challenge - firstly, I haven't done a scrapbook page in a long time, mainly because it takes me quite a while to complete one page. Also, the theme was a problem for me......I never scrap anything about myself unless I really have to, and I never seem to be in photos as I'm always the one behind the camera!! Taking all that into consideration, I really made an effort to get this one done in record time (3 days) and raided my wedding album for a decent photo!!


I've tried to keep to the colours of my dress which was toffee/gold and I've hidden the journalling behind the photograph with a pull-out tab which looks like this.......




I managed to include everything which Alex asked for - the buttons are on the flowers, two brads on the metal label holder and two on the pull-out tab, a wide organza ribbon and gold cord, a chipboard "f" and rub-ons for the title and three different stamps which I'm rather ashamed to say hadn't seen any ink before!! and of course the facts on the pull-out card.



I will list some of the supplies but I'm afraid alot of the bits and pieces I've had for ages in my stash and have no idea what make they are!! Date stamp is from Hero Arts and the others are from SU Friendship Blooms and Welcoming Words. DP is from K & Co, as is the embossed cream card used in the frame. SU Chocolate Chip c.s. Organza ribbon is from a bouquet of flowers I received (a long time ago lol!) and gold cord was from Dawn. Rub-ons are from Making Memories and tab punch and corner rounder are SU. Eyelets, chipboard letter, hardware, flowers, buttons and brads - all from my stash.


To be honest, I'm quite pleased with the result and really enjoyed doing it and it's made me realise I really do need to do more scrapbooking.


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.



Comments

Lauren said…
This is so elegant Jo! Fabulous layout. Great job.
Heather said…
Great job! GORGEOUS wedding photo!
Anonymous said…
Such a elegant and beautiful layout. Awesome job!
Oh Jo, what a beautiful wedding photo. You are so pretty.

Bye Petra
Alex said…
It is elegant and beautiful Jo!!! I am so glad you enjoyed doing this - it is a fabulous layout, you ROCKED the challenge, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex
Melissa said…
Ooooh! So lovely Jo! That little pull out thingy is an excellent idea and one I'm tucking away to use myself!

Awesome job!

Many Blessings,
M.
~Denise Lynn~ said…
This is just fabulous Jo! I love the colors, so elegant. What a gorgeous wedding photo too. I love your pull out fact page, great idea and it looks nice too. Love all the embellishments. I found this challenge to be very difficult, but I'm glad I did it. It's also nice to see what everyone looks like. :)

Have a great weekend. Be in touch soon, promise! :)
Jose said…
Just stunning Jo really has the 'WOW' factor.
Jose xx
Annie said…
wow Jo, you were a stunning bride! love the colours you chose and all the little bits and pieces. have a good weekend. annie x
Kari said…
Great page!!! Wonderful layout! Great picture of you too!
Becky Carafa said…
Such a beautiful page, Jo! I LOVE the pullout tab.
Emily said…
This is beautiful Jo! So elegant! I love the pull tab! Awesome picture too!
Mandy said…
Jo, this is stunning! Well worth three days of work!

Mandy
Anonymous said…
Jo, your page is gorgeous and so lovely! It turned out beautifully! I love your special touches.
Deb said…
Your layout is fanastic! I have the same problem as you, i am always behind the camera.
Leann said…
You did a fab job Jo ~ this is gorgeous!
nessy said…
at last a scrapbook page from you jo !!!! it is so elegant ,just like the bride!! well thought out and love those coffee and cream colours you have used!!
so come on , more please!!
vanessa xx
Joanne said…
Fabulous page - really inspirational. I love the way you have incorporated everything from the challenge, and made it seem like they were planned in and not just there for the challenge! Gorgeous wedding photo too!
Vicki May said…
Wow this is beautiful. Lovely photo too. I love all the details, I can see why it took ages to do, really wonderful x Vicki x
Alex said…
Hi Jo, I left you an award on my blog!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex
Desire Fourie said…
Beautiful layout Jo. You were a stunner on your wedding day, and of course still is. Love soft buttery colours, gives an antique feeling to the page. Your pull out facts card is also very clever. Warm regards.
Dawny P said…
Fabulous work Jo, love the LO xxxx And how gorge did YOU look - awww xxxx
Dawn Wheeler said…
Wow wow wow Jo ,you look stunning and so does your lay out fabous work ,Dawnxx
hope you are ok babe xxxx
Sue Shaw said…
Typical scrapbooker - always behind the camera (just like me) Hats off to you - I've never made a page about me. I think you have done a fab job and love the photo.
Well done!
Sue. x
Anonymous said…
Jo, this is absolutely fabulous, so elegant, and you made a gorgeous bride.
Maria xx
Anonymous said…
All your cards look absolutely wonderful, wish I had your talent and attention to detail
Zoe said…
This is gorgeous. Well done on a tough challenge!
MichelleO said…
OH how pretty! and I am talking about you girl! The scrapbook page is wonderful as well! I started out a scrapbooker... since stamping and cards I only scrap at my monthly crops! Really a great Layout!
HUGS
MichelleO
Richelle said…
Beautiful! what a gorgeous photo.
Coley said…
Beautiful page and what a lovely photox karen x
Michelle Short said…
Beautiful page to go with a beautiful photo Jo, love the colours and great idea with the tab for the journalling x
Frances said…
Oooo, this is gorgous Jo - the layout but more the photo; what a stunning bride you made!

Hope you're o.k and are taking care of yourself?! Big Hugs,
Fran x

Popular posts from this blog

It's Blog Candy Time!

I'VE EDITED THIS MESSAGE SO (HOPEFULLY!) IT WILL REMAIN AT THE TOP OF MY BLOG UNTIL THE COMPETITION IS OVER. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR NEWER POSTS! WILL ALSO BE ADDING PHOTOS OF ENTRIES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE A BLOG. As promised, it's blog candy time. There are three reasons for me doing this. (1) My counter has passed 16,000 hits - wow! can't believe that! and I would like to say thank you to everyone who visits my blog.....would never have dreamed I would have so many visitors since I began blogging at the beginning of December last year! (2) It's my birthday in just over a week and (3) had some fantastic news - Tony (my husband) is coming home for good!! For those of you who don't know, Tony has been working in Australia for the past 15 months and we have only seen him twice in that time.....the last time being at the beginning of October last year! He should be home within a matter of weeks - he's given me the date of 10 June but

Fancy a Magnolia?

Firstly, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has visited my blog over the last six weeks. It's amazing, I really didn't think I would get so many hits when I started out. It really is appreciated. Now to the blog candy......I've thought long and hard about this and decided to do something a little bit different. The reason being, I think even though we enjoy making cards, we're all so busy with birthdays, challenges, and everyday life, so I thought I'd make it simple. I admit to being a bit(?) of a nosey old moo!! so what I would like you to do is send a link to a photo of your craft space. Don't worry how tidy(?)/untidy, small, big, whatever, your space is. Could be a room (I'd kill for one!), a corner of a room (like mine!), a dining room table. It doesn't matter, just add a comment with a link to your blog and if you haven't got a blog, then e-mail me a photo (my e-mail link is in my Profile). Just to get you started, here's my space

A Quick Magnolia!

This is going to be a very quick posting as I've been suffering from toothache on and off since Friday evening and it is now unbearable. I do have an appointment with the Dentist tomorrow so if I can just get through tonight I'll be OK! Don't really feel like listing all the details for this one, so if you have any questions, just ask.