Skip to main content

Totally Special

Today my "baby" has reached the ripe old age of eight! I really can't believe he's growing up so quickly...funny really, it's a kinda bittersweet feeling...I think it's because he's the youngest and Mums never seem to want to let go of their "babies"!



I'm posting this quite early before it turns into a madhouse here and wanted to share the card I made for him.


The image is called Max (I think!) and when I saw this, I just thought "that's Sam"! Leann was kind enough to send me the images and coloured it with Promarkers. Papers are MME with plenty of stitching. Sentiment is Catslife Press. Here's the inside of the card...






More MME papers, another stamp which unfortunately I can't remember the make - nothing new there then! Used some jute ribbon from Bunny Zoe's Crafts and printed out a verse from the computer. I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out but unfortunately the photos are rubbish again and don't do it justice. By the way, the card weighs a ton - so glad I don't have to post it!



We're off to Sharky's in Weymouth for a Laser Party - ten little darlings all shooting each other...heaven! In the meantime, would like to leave you with this....








Comments

Heather said…
Your card is totally adorable! Hope your son has a wonderful birthday!
Debi said…
Sent my last comment too fast. I was trying to say that the card is sweet and perfect for your sons birthday. You did a fabulous job on it. Please wish your son happy birthday for me!! Also, delete the previous post from me!
Andrea, said…
Fab card Jo, love the image and papers you have used
pickle said…
Ahh bless what and adorable card and the piccy of your little boy awwww. Hope your son had a fabulous day

Kerry x
nessy said…
ooooooooh your baby is 8 years old!! my big boy will be 13 very soon ~how they grow!!
fab card ~was going to use this stamp myself (for aaron) ~sorry i missed sams !!
how did the day go? ~bet you had great fun!!
sending hugs to you all
vanessa xx
Lauren said…
Such a darling card and baby. ;)
** Isa ** said…
Hope Sam had a fab birthday ahd hope all is well with you. Been a while but had to deal with family issues and the boys and I are moving to France in the next few weeks! Fab cards as always xxx Hugs xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Another AMD Wedding Card!

I had another request for one of these wedding cards and I must admit I love making anything Anna Marie Designs related.  So, it's the same layout as before but just different names.

Christmas Scene Decoration

I saw this project designed by Anna Marie nearly a year ago and have been desperate to make it ever since and have just found the time.  It is a little time consuming as you have to wait for the different mediums to dry but I'm pleased with the end result (even if it did take me nearly an hour to work out how to make the gnome's hat!)
I added some craft lights which don't show so well in the beautiful sunshine we are having today but they do make the project look very special...such a nice finishing touch.







Which Craft? Template

Recently made a few cards using the concertina template from Which Craft? which I've had for a while and thought it was about time I put it to use.  So, I have made a large concertina card...

...a smaller concertina card...



...and finally, a different type of card using the same template.