Skip to main content

Another Birthday?


Where on earth has the time gone? Can't believe how long it has been since I posted something....usual story though - boys, work, house, plus the fact I was too lazy to charge up my battery in my camera, and then when I did, I couldn't find the lead to load the photos on my laptop! I've been having a "sorting out" time with my crafting stuff and have now almost finished my new craft room - just need a shelf put up and to buy a bookshelf of some sort to stack all my rubber! Anyway, have now {obviously} found the lead to my camera and thought I would share this card which I made for a friend. She wanted a slightly funny one for someone's 40th birthday and this sentiment always does it for me!

The image is High Hopes Dunno Ducky and the sentiment is Penny Black which I have split into two. Mixture of papers (DCWV) and plenty of stitching - thank God I didn't have to post it, it weighed a ton! Thought I'd enter this in the High Hopes Challenge this week where the theme is "Birthdays".

Hope everyone is well and hope to gradually do some bloghopping once I've made a few Christmas cards - haven't even started them yet....eeek!

Comments

nessy said…
wonder where you had been hiding ~under all your stamps needing a shelf!!!so where is your craftroom then??? (under the stairs? kicked sam out of his room??? or some large wooden house at the end of your garden with a sea view??)LOL!
love this birthday card ~ bit of fun for your friends 40th ~ beautifully made!!
don`t make it too long for some more blogging!!
vanessa xx
Jose said…
Another lovely card, and thanks for the email, good to hear you 3 are all well, and busy as usual.
Debi said…
Love your card!! You have done an amazing job on it! Glad to see you posting!
debby4000 said…
Oh I love this ducky,fabulous card Jo.
luv
Debby
Lacey Stephens said…
Fantastic card!! Very cute and creative! Thank you so playing along with the High Hopes Challenge last week. We have another fun challenge this week: a Stair Step Card. We would love to have to play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes DT

Popular posts from this blog

Another AMD Wedding Card!

I had another request for one of these wedding cards and I must admit I love making anything Anna Marie Designs related.  So, it's the same layout as before but just different names.

Which Craft? Template

Recently made a few cards using the concertina template from Which Craft? which I've had for a while and thought it was about time I put it to use.  So, I have made a large concertina card...

...a smaller concertina card...



...and finally, a different type of card using the same template.



Christmas Scene Decoration

I saw this project designed by Anna Marie nearly a year ago and have been desperate to make it ever since and have just found the time.  It is a little time consuming as you have to wait for the different mediums to dry but I'm pleased with the end result (even if it did take me nearly an hour to work out how to make the gnome's hat!)
I added some craft lights which don't show so well in the beautiful sunshine we are having today but they do make the project look very special...such a nice finishing touch.